How I Got More Than 157 Video Testimonials In Less Than A Week
A lot of people have started to raise their eyebrows at a couple of things I’ve done online over the last few months, and one of them is all of a sudden a few weeks back, there was an unbelievable EXPLOSION of testimonials about me.
Quite frankly, I’m excited about all of the crazy things that have been happening in my business recently. Today, for example, I sponsored 5 people into my business, (personally), and I did my SECOND team webinar and it had over 170 people show up! (That’s nuts). I’ve been using a secret weapon recently that has EXPLODED my online results, and the weapon is simple…
…I’ve been taking the video testimonials people have made of me, and posting them everywhere.
(More specifically, I’ve downloaded all of them off of YouTube, and I’m broadcasting them all over the internet with Traffic Geyser).
Now I now some people would see that and say ‘Man, this guy shamelessly promotes himself…‘ Which yes, is kind of true… but what I wanted to point out to you is WHY I am using these video testimonials in the way that I am, AND, how I got so many so fast. Also, I’m going to show you how to create an effective video testimonial, why you should create them, and what to do with them when people send them to you.
First off, how did I get more than 157 video testimonials in a couple of weeks? Simple, really. This is something that I’m surprised a lot of other trainers haven’t done in their own personal businesses.
I was asked about a month ago by a leading internet marketer, Brian Fanale, how I was generating results so fast with my free online marketing methods. He was so blown away by what I told him that he asked me if I would be willing to train the entire MLM Lead System Pro team how I was creating such dramatic results.
Well, I agreed to do the call under 2 conditions. The first thing I asked was that I get to market one of my affiliate products on the Webinar, which he was quick to let me do. (This is a product that I really believe in and use every single day, Article Marketing Robot. Since I’ve done the webinar it’s actually been added into the backoffice of MLM Lead System Pro, so now all of our members can promote it, too).
To make a long story short, I was using a secret traffic creation strategy that at first I was a little hesitant to share, but I agreed to teach it for free, if Brian allowed me to ask for a video testimonial in exchange from everyone who got real value out of my webinar. This might seem like a strange thing to ask for someone who’s not an experienced marketer, but those of you who have been online for a while are thinking ‘holy smokes, that’s smart‘.
Now, let me preface this with one thing, if you try anything like this to get video testimonials, it won’t work unless you provide REAL VALUE (which is what we talk about every day here on my blog). Here’s essentially what I did, I gave away EVERYTHING I was doing to people for free, in exchange for video testimonials.
Some people might shun asking for video testimonials in exchange for a training. Here’s what makes it legitimate, though. I asked people to only give me a testimonial if I ACTUALLY benefited them. (To be fair, I was teaching some pretty breakthrough concepts, that have successfully created more than 76 leads in a single day for free)…
…well, I was blown away by what happened. I was expecting about 50 video testimonials, and I got almost 200! Then, what I did was download them off of YouTube and I’ve been systematically broadcasting them across video sharing sites. Let me share with you WHY I’ve been doing what I’ve been doing.
1. Video testimonials create social proof, and eliminate ‘sales resistance’. Essentially, if people take a look at your site and it’s filled with people raving about how awesome you are, they don’t ask stupid questions like ‘is this a pyramid scheme’. If you actually take the time to call leads you get, they’re like ‘holy smokes, this person with all the testimonials actually called me… I must be special.’ THAT is the most powerful reason to use them on your websites.
2. Video testimonials create backlinks and ‘buzz’ about your website. What I’m doing is broadcasting 1-2 testimonials every couple of days with Traffic Geyser, and so there’s a constant fresh flow of positive information about me on the internet. So anyone looking for me in YouTube or asking questions about me online is now going to have an almost unlimited amount of raving reviews.
3. Video testimonials give other people a chance to promote themselves on your website. Essentially, someone who has a featured testimonial on a high trafficked site is going to get massive value and social validation for their own marketing system, giving them a greater power to recruit and market products online. This is the biggest reason why you should be quick to rave about other people online and let them know about it. If somebody has a product that you love, tell them in a video and post it on YouTube. People will find your video when searching for them and visit your site, giving you a free, permanent flow of traffic.
Here’s The Best Example Of A Video Testimonial That I’ve Seen:
I just have a few quick things to point out in this, that are good to do if you want to create mutual value in your Video Testimonials:
1. Toby and Layla mention their own website, but don’t over promote it. This is important, because if you spend 1 minute out of a 90 second video talking about your own sites, then site owners won’t use them for anything, they’ll be looked at as ‘video spam’.
2. They give actual proof that what I teach works. Watch the video, you can see the validation by looking at the front page Google rankings in the end. People who sell products and have powerful sites LOVE videos like this.
3. They actually promote my site on their video. A lot of people are afraid to do things like this, because they feel like if they promote other people, they’ll be losing leads. Nothing could be further from the truth. Since site owners love this sort of thing, they do crazy things like post this on the front of their blog for a few days on end. In fact, I’ll probably get Toby and Layla 10-20 leads just from putting this on my front page, if not more, and I’m happy to do it.
4. They keep it short, to the point, fun, and they tell their story. Quite frankly, this is a cool video. I got it just the other day and I thought it was so well done that it deserved an entire blog entry promoting it. Way to go, Toby and Layla. These are up and coming internet marketing Gurus. I recommend you watch what they’re doing over the next few months.
That being said, a lot of you have created killer videos for me, and I wanted to thank you personally, it has made a difference, and I will use them in the coming months. You guys rock!
That’s it for now my friends! I encourage you to make video testimonials for people in your teams who are doing commendable things, people in your mentorship line in your company, and other MLM leaders who give you real value. People really appreciate it and you can get DRAMATIC value by ‘spreading the love’. (ALL of my front page testimonials have gotten leads just from being on my blog.)
Have a great one, and I’ll see you soon!