The Ultimate Website Marketing Checklist (Part Four)
This is part four of The Ultimate Website Marketing Checklist, for part three click here.
7. Promote Content Via SEO
SEO is a lot more complex than social media. If you really want to get into SEO, I strongly advise you to read up on what’s happened in the past 10 years with Google’s algorithm and link building. You can learn a lot from the SEO category of this blog.
The rules of SEO change all the time. What’s acceptable today may not be acceptable tomorrow. With that said SEO is one of the best traffic sources, it’s free and recurring. You just have to rank your blog posts for their respective keywords. There are two sides to SEO, on-page and off-page.
I already covered some basic on-page SEO, it’s really not that important. Off-page SEO is what will push your content from page 23 to page one to number one. Off-page SEO can be broken down into two parts: link building and popularity.
The popularity aspect is how popular your content is. Google measures popularity by number of backlinks/quality of backlinks as well as social signals. Social signals are Facebook likes, Tweets, Re-tweets, G +1′s and bookmarks.
Over the past 2 years, link building has evolved. Two years ago more links would mean higher rankings, now less is generally more as long as the links are high quality. So what you want is dozens if not hundreds of other sites linking to all of your content as well as readers to share it via social networks.
The easiest way to build links is to build the links yourself, artificially. Of course that’s black hat SEO, but it’s perfectly acceptable if you do it right. The second thing you should do is syndicate all of your content onto social networks and other social platforms.
If you want to go the super high quality link route, guest blogging is the best way to do it for free. Here’s the checklist:
- Setup content to syndicate via Onlywire.com and LinksAlpha.com (These two platforms allow you to automatically syndicate your latest content onto hundreds of social sites – they result in hordes of free traffic and backlinks).
- Guest post on 5-10 blogs per month (Guest blogging is the best strategy for getting super relevant high page rank backlinks, read The Ultimate Guide To Excellent Guest Blogging).
- Regularly leave comments on the top 10 blogs in your niche (read The Ultimate Blog Comment Marketing Strategy).
- Join the top 10 most popular forums in your niche, start contributing 5-10 posts per day between them (forum marketing is a powerful way of driving traffic and gaining backlinks – link to your site via your forum signature).
- Write and submit relevant articles to high page rank article directories linking to your site via the author bio.
- Submit a monthly Press Release about your site/company.
- Create 10-100 Web2.0′s per month using unique content (hubpages.com/Wordpress.com/Squidoo.com/etc).
- Purchase high page rank domains, host them on separate C class IP’s and build mini sites linking to your own (this is the most powerful link building strategy).