Facebook Reveals The New Timeline Profile..Be One Of The First To Get Yours!
At a conference in San Francisco yesterday, CEO Mark Zuckerberg revealed what would be the first major change of Facebook. What he announced was an attractive new profile that is much more visible than Facebook has done previously.
This brand new profile is called “Timeline.” Facebook created this new profile in hopes of people sharing more information as to what goes on in their daily lives.
The new Facebook Timeline profile features everything on one page. You can see all of your apps, your personal info, friend lists, recent conversations, previous conversations dated a few years back, and much more…You pretty much have everything neatly grouped together. In my opinion, it looks pretty similar to a blog.
Not only does it give you a new way of expressing who you are, the Facebook Timeline goes way back to when you were born. Now, I am not sure how far back or how personal you want to get with your Facebook page, but you have that option. So it can be a good thing, or it can be kinda creepy to see a full history of your online social life. Depends on how you take it lol.
Facebook Timeline will be rolling out to users pretty soon, but if you want a chance to See It NOW, follow these instructions below:
1. Login to Facebook
2. In the search box, type in ”Developer.” It should be the first App that has over 900k users.
3. On the next screen, you should see an option that says “create new app.” Click on that and create a name for it. You can put whatever name you want to in there. Now for “namespace,” use the same name but it cannot be any capital letters included. Click agree to terms once your finished.
4. Once your app is created, you should be on the App’s page. To determine if you’re on this page, just look at the top and make sure you see your “name” that you created up there. If not, go back to the original developer page and select the App from the list. Now if you’re on the right page, look on the left hand side and select the “open graph” link.
5. Once you’re on the Open Graph page, you should see a sentence to be completed in the middle of the page. So go ahead and select an action and an object. The sentence should read: People can …..a….. So my sentence was People can “read” a “article.” Submit.
6. The next step is that you will be taken to a page with some information that you probably won’t understand but all you have to do is click “save” to continue. Once you’ve followed all the directions on all 3 pages, you’re app should be created! Congratulations!
7. Once your app has been saved, retype http://facebook.com in your browser and you should see a box pop up at the top of your screen that has your Timeline invite.
8. Go ahead and follow the directions and you should have your New Facebook Timeline profile in less than 5 minutes!
Once you finish it should look something like this
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, feel free to share with friends, leave your thoughts and/or comments!