6 Internet Marketing Services That Can Make You Rich – Part Two
Article by davidmwood
David has written 345 awesome articles for us at David Wood's MLM Marketing Prosperity Blog
December 10, 2011 • 0 Comments
This is the second part of six online marketing services that can make you rich. If you haven’t already read part one, click here. Otherwise carry on and read the top 6 online marketing services that can make you rich:
1. Article Writer/Ghost Writer: Writing articles for other people’s websites and blogs can be quite lucrative. You don’t need an English degree from a top university to charge $50-$100 for a 500 word article. Many large websites and blogs gladly spend $20-$200 on a single 500-1000 word article. In the Internet Marketing, Finance and even health niche there are hundreds of popular blogs that accept paid writers. You can approach large blogs and see if they’d be willing to pay you for excellent content. Or otherwise you can earn around $5/article for standard 300-500 word articles offering a service to Internet Marketers.
2. Web Designer: This one is pretty self explanatory. I’ve “pitched” the idea to a few of my buddies before when they’ve asked me how they can earn a living online. The common response I got was “are you crazy? You actually think I can design websites”. The truth of the matter is you don’t need to. You can just outsource it. All offline businesses need a website, many of them don’t have one. Or if they do it’s from back when the Internet started and they need a new makeover. You can comfortably charge businesses and individuals from $200-$5000 for a full website design. You can pay 25-75% of their money to a solid web designer who knows what he’s doing. Or otherwise do it yourself if you have the skills. If you can use WordPress then can definitely become a web designer for offline businesses.
3. SEO: Every webmaster knows the power of search engine traffic. Most think that if they get to the top of Google, they’ll get a ton of targeted traffic and sales. What they don’t know is that you have to actually target commonly searched keywords that will drive laser targeted traffic. When potential SEO clients come to me they ask “What do you charge to get our website to the top of Google”. To that I say “it depends” and they say “depends on what”. I then scream “do your freaking research, you don’t just get to the top of Google, it’s not a location – you have to target certain keywords”. I’m actually kidding, but my point is again most people don’t know squat about online marketing. So you can easily charge $250-$1000/month per SEO client. Can’t do SEO? Not a problem, you can just spend 25-75% of the money you’re accepting on a real service.
4. Email Marketing/List Building: Large companies latched onto email marketing years ago. But small businesses are just hearing about it and are ready to jump on the bandwagon. What you can do is build a local business’s email list and handle their email marketing for $250-$500/month. For example a Pizzeria, you could setup a capture page for them offering 25% off their pizza. Then stick the capture page domain on a sizzle card and distribute it locally. That would build the email list and whenever the Pizzeria is in need of more customers, a quick email promotion can be sent out. As long as you put some effort into building the list of your client and handle their email promotions etc – you can charge a hefty fee.
5. Graphic Design: Graphic design has been in demand for years and the trend should continue. Most businesses use a graphic designer at one point or another. Graphics are needed for countless things; blog logos, site mascots, sales pages, company logos, fonts and the list goes on. I wouldn’t advise people to choose graphic design as their primary service business model. However it’s great to offer on the side for the clients who need it. Whenever you get a client wanting some graphics, just outsource it to an Indian designer for an eighth of the price you’re charging. From my experience Indian graphic designers have been great, but go with a top notch American service if you need to.
6. Social Media Manager: This role has been wildly popular over the last few years. Managing small-medium businesses social media. At first businesses needed email, then they needed websites, soon after that came SEO and now social media is the next big thing. Companies are happy to pay professionals or normal individuals $100-$1000/month to manage their social media. That means managing Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus and any other networks. Although the people I know who are full time social media managers, they focus on Facebook and Twitter. All they do is focus on gaining targeted followers and Facebook fans for their clients. It’s not hard and the pay is good.
I just covered A LOT of stuff. All six service based business models work well. Best of all you don’t even need any skills to offer these six services. That’s the beauty of service based business models. You can sell high and buy low. In normal business companies buy low and sell high. With online marketing services, you can get the clients before you even have the “merchandise”. Think about it, to make $5,000/month you need 10 people paying you $500/month. You could find 10 local businesses in your area who have websites, but aren’t getting enough traffic.
Tell them you’ll get them to the top of Google for $500/month and close the deals. Once you have 10 businesses paying you $500/month for your SEO services, find a cheap service, spend maybe half of the money and keep the rest. That’s $2500/month for doing nothing, you get the idea. Once you’ve got 10+ clients, it’s a good idea to put your own team together to minimize costs. It doesn’t cost much to hire a bunch of virtual assistants these days. Point being, services are freaking profitable!
P.S. Leave me your thoughts, comments and questions below. Also put your name and email in the form on the right to get more cool online marketing tips, tricks and secrets.
Tags: 6 internet marketing services that can make you rich 8211 part two, email marketing, internet marketing, internet marketing service, internet marketing services, many large websites, marketing services, online marketing, online marketing services, online marketing tips