10 Steps To Creating Your Social Media Marketing Empire
Social Media is Everywhere! It is one of the biggest forefronts when it comes to building a business. Almost everyone is on the Internet today, including my 70 year old grandmother lol. Many people are using social media sites to stay in touch with family and connect with new people. Not only are they utilizing these sites for this, but the biggest advantage that people are taking with social media is the advantage to capitalize on the many opportunities being presented to grow their business. So, if you’re not involving yourself or company in social media, you’re completely missing the boat and tons of money. So my best advice for you would be to get in as soon as possible.
Now when diving into social media marketing for your business, it is important that you have a plan. You will need to include some type of framework, along with your goals that you want to accomplish in order to keep you on the right path. If you need to make certain tweaks or changes along the way, which I am sure you will, you have that framework in place for you to do so.
1. Figure Out Your Goals- I stress this a lot because it is the most important step when embarking into any business. So, you have to determine what you want to accomplish in your social media involvement. Are you offering some type of service? Are you trying to generate leads? Or whatever your goal may be. The answers to your questions will help you determine the type of content you put out there in your social space for your audience to see.
2. Determine Your Resources- Are you going to create your own content? If not, who else? Are you going to be the person to handle your social media sites? Who is going to handle questions/concerns? Who is going to take care of the technical stuff? These are important questions for you to determine in order to make sure you have the right people in nplace to aid in your business if you’re not going to do everything on your own.
3. Know Who You’re Targeting- Where are your people hanging out at? What types of conversations make them tick? What do they want to learn more about? You can’t just go posting stuff in hopes that people will respond to you. You must know exactly what your audience is looking for as well as what they’re not looking for. Remember to just be YOU. Be personable. People want to connect and relate to other people that they know, like and trust. They don’t want to just be sold on something.
4. Create Valuable Content- When you’ve found where your audience hangs out at and have determined their wants and needs, start giving them more the information they are looking for. Be Consistent. You have to keep offering amazing value for you’re people.
Once you continually do this, not only will you position yourself as the expert, but you will build up a following of people who trusts you and will be willing to hear about anything you have to offer.
5. Combine Your Marketing Efforts- At this point, your social media efforts should be feeding off of each other. Now you want to incorporate your offline efforts together with this by cross-promoting.
6. Time Management- Set out specific times each day that you will spend entirely to Social Media Marketing. An example of this could be 20 minutes after breakfast or 20 minutes before you go to bed. Once you make a schedule, you’re holding yourself accountable and it is much easier to stick to it. In turn, it will eventually become a normal routine.
7. Learn The 80/20 Rule- So many marketers either miss this step or do it backwards. You must spend at least 80 percent of your social media activities on other things that has nothing to do with your business or opportunity. The remaining 20 percent should be spent on promoting your business.
8. Do Not Mistake Quantity Over Quality- Sometimes marketers can get all caught up in the numbers game that they forget about Quality. Do not get lost in the subscribers and followers game. I would rather have 5,000 loyal subscribers than to have 10,000 subscribers that opt in one time to follow me, but that’s it.
9. Remove Yourself- You must take YOU out the equation and let your followers take the lead in the conversation. This way, it’s all about them, which allows them to develop some sort of bond with you or your brand.
10. Never Stop Learning- Technology changes every day, so you must always keep yourself up to date by consistently learning something new. In order to achieve success on the Internet, especially Social Media Marketing, you have to be open and able to adapt and accept change.
P.S. If you would a step by step blueprint on how you can capitalize your efforts in Social Media and start generating immediate results in your business, Click Here now!